The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Founder/President and the Board, and by participating in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
- Track tax credit donations in the database and keep a file for each tax credit donor.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Answer donor questions regarding tax credit programs.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Institutional Advancement Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Possible performance measures:
- Number of donations, program sign-ups/registrations processed and acknowledged weekly.
- Success in maintaining accuracy of database records.
- Accuracy of fundraising reports.
- Success in coordinating the production of direct mail/e-mail/social media appeals.
- Success in maintaining donor hard copy files.
Preparation and Knowledge
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint Database management experience
- Proficiency with online giving platforms/crowdfunding platforms – such as FundRazr, GoFundMe, Classy and others
- Proficiency in contact management software, such as Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please submit the following: