Work Location: Remote/Telecommute OK
Do you have experience in the non-profit sector working as a Grant Writer? We have an opportunity in the non-profit arena for a professional and energetic Grant Writer.
The position reports to the Founder/President, as well as the Board of Directors where necessary, and is part of a team. This person must be multi-tasked and must be able to work independently. Writes grants to secure new funds and complete grant continuations packets for existing grant funded projects. Identify and develop funding sources. Articulate our position summations, reports and other formal business correspondence.
- Write grant proposals and reports to foundations and corporations as determined by the grants calendar and grant reporting requirements.
- Manage a busy grants calendar across multiple program areas.
- Develop and steward relationships with our current and prospective Grantors to meet our mutually beneficial needs.
- Research corporations and foundations to meet new program and capital funding needs.
- Work collaboratively with development team to coordinate corporate underwriting campaigns.
- Collect and summarize program and budget results submit reports to Grantors on time.
- Support Directors in execution of annual fund and publications, as needed.
Must have a bachelor’s degree and/or three years’ experience with provable track record in successful grant research and writing. Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and calmly under deadline are necessary qualities.
The ideal candidate writes persuasive, clear, concise proposals; has experience soliciting local and national foundations and corporations; meets deadlines and juggles multiple priorities; and maintains a professional work style. Experience managing a growing grants schedule is desired. Ideal candidates would see the position as a growth opportunity within the grants, research and campaign developmental areas.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet qualifications and must submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing samples.
Please submit the following: