Work Location: Remote/Telecommute OK
We are currently seeking a social media/marketing intern/volunteer(s) to support our awareness efforts. We are looking for a dynamic social media/marketing intern who thrives in the start-up and/or non-profit environment and who wants to apply his/her knowledge of online marketing and social media to help us with our early launch and growth while making a difference in the world. Help us spread the word faster and create ways to enable our future community of readers, donors and community supporters to introduce our efforts and share the benefits with others.
- Help us improve our customer insight (customer segments, motivations and potential usage habits) and identify the right online channels to reach potential users.
- Assist with managing and expanding blog/site and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter)
- Support the creation and delivery of supporting communication materials including website, email writing, messages for all online collateral.
- Monitor, measure and assess their success through analytical dashboards and make recommendations for potential future channel ad spends.
- Assist with the development of affiliate/content partnerships and relationships with other non-profit organizations.
- Monitor and report on relevant non-profit, government, media and healthcare news and act upon this intelligence.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Good project, time management and ‘people’ skills
- Creative and challenging mind-set
- Ability to cope with under pressure and work on tight deadline while coping with the demand of fast moving environment
- Committed, enthusiastic and enjoy working as part of a fun hard-working team dedicated to building awareness and creating change in our communities.
- Demonstrate a real interest and understanding of marketing and the use new media techniques
- Good knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter) and blogging tool (WordPress)
- Good business acumen, commercial awareness and data driven
- Previous experience in a related field/non-profit would be an excellent advantage.
- Passion for making a difference in your community and the issues we represent.
- Degree-level or equivalent
Please Submit the Following: