The latest phone meeting of the Community Assistance Panel was held today. Added to the panel is new member Tim Templeton. Items discussed:
- Soil vapor intrusion index
- More documents forthcoming regarding Underground Storage Tanks (UST) on base, as well as other requested documents by the CAP and ATSDR.
- Concerns about organization of incoming documents by Navy and other providers.
- CAP continues to express concerns about gaining full access to all related documents.
- First meeting of a new Cancer Incidence Study Panel takes place next week (July 29/30, 2014) – topics covered include: expert panel updates, water modeling studies, proposals, protocols, a Marine mortality study, etc.
Study updates coming soon include:
- Male breast cancer study – ETA 3-4 weeks
- Civilian worker mortality study – awaiting CDC
- Adverse pregnancy outcome study
A full transcript from the previous Atlanta meeting on June 12th is now available at:
A new Newsweek article on the Camp Lejeune contamination issue was just released here:
The article references a video report from Dan Rather on AXS TV found here:
Click to Subscribe to the Civilian Exposure Newsletter for Latest News & Updates Today!